At 99 degrees water is hot and has its limited uses. At 100 degrees it boils
And with this boiling comes steam. And steam can power engines, produce electricity and improve lifestyle.
The extra degree makes water powerful and productive.
We are each responsible for setting our goals and having the commitment to achieve them. Most we achieve easily. However, the life changing ones, the ones that can really help you to be the best you can be and live the real Purpose of your life – may never be attained.
Could it be our commitment?
Many times we stop just short of achieving. Perhaps we have had one too failures or one too many naysayers telling us “you can’t do It?”
Below is a list showing just how close the difference is between achieving and not achieving our goals:
- The average margin of victory for the last 3 years in all major golf tournaments combined was less than 3 strokes. The champion who gets all the glory rarely wins by more than 2 shots. Maybe it is the extra belief.
- The margin for victory between Olympic Gold and no medal at all is very small:
- Men’s 200 meter Freestyle margin is 1.42 seconds
- Women’s 200 Freestyle is .59 seconds
- Men’s 800 meter is 0.71 seconds
- Women’s 800 metres is 0.13 seconds
- The average payout to the winner of major horse races around the world is nearly 400% more than the horse placed second
- The average margin for victory for the past 10 years at Daytona 500 and Indianapolis 500 races has been 1.54 seconds and the payout twice that of second place
“If you spend an extra hour each day of study in your chosen field, you will be a national expert in five years or less”
“Belief fuels enthusiasm, and enthusiasm explodes into passion. It fires our souls and lifts our spirits” Sam Parker
“Perseverance is not a long race. It is many short races one after another” Walter Elliot
“Many of life’s failures are men who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave in” Thomas Edison
“Triumph often is nearest when defeat seems inescapable” BC Forbes
“The only thing that stands between a person and what they want in life is the will to try it and the faith to believe it is possible”
It’s time to turn on the heat! And find your extra 1 degree to boil your own water of achievement.